Issue 8 - Mask will be published mid-March 2021
It is open for submissions 3 November 2020 to 31 January 2021.
Not Very Quiet is a twice yearly online journal which aims to offer an opportunity for more women poets of all ages, ethnicities and backgrounds to publish their work. We believe it’s more important than ever to provide a platform to extend the range and breadth of poetry written by women so as to encourage and strengthen its impact.
Each issue is themed.
We accept a wide range of poetic forms. For more information see our Submission guidelines.
- OPEN for submissions 3 November 2020 to 31 January 2021.
- The theme of Issue 8 is ‘Mask’
- You may submit one poem - send us your best.
- Please submit your poem in a Word document (we will not accept PDF due to formatting issue).
- We use a blind review process please do not put your name on your Word doc; do not include your name in the file title or the file properties.
- See Submission guidelines for information on how to submit to NVQ.
- If you have questions use the contact form or email addresses on our website.
- If you have accessibility issues, use the accessibility email address listed on the contact page of our website.
Terms and conditions
- Not Very Quiet may publish your work online in perpetuity.
- The work has not been published previously.
- Any republications will acknowledge that the work was first published in Not Very Quiet (issue, date).